Transfers Admitted for Fall

Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process as a transfer student.

1. Submit your Intent to Enroll

Once you have decided to attend UNC Charlotte, notify Admissions of your intent to enroll in your Future 49er Portal. In your portal, you'll find the "Submit Your Intent to Enroll" link under "My To-Do List". An enrollment deposit is not required.

2. Apply for Financial Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required, and is available online after October 1 for the upcoming academic year. Our school code is 002975.  If you submit your FAFSA by Jan 1, you will receive an award decision by Mar 1. If you submit your FAFSA by March 1, you will receive an award decision by Apr 15.

3. Activate Your NinerNET account

Go to and click on the “Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided. Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.

4. Determine your Housing Plans

If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit with your $200 housing deposit. You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online. If you decide to live off campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.

5. Review how your classes transferred to UNC Charlotte

You may view your transfer credit evaluation online in your Future 49er Portal after you have been admitted. Click on Transfer Credit Report in your "To Do" List.  View this page for help understanding your Transfer Credit Report.

6. Register for Transfer Orientation (SOAR)

Prior to the beginning of the term in which you enroll, the Dean of Students Office will mail information about academic advising and registering for classes through the one-day SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) program. Students earning a second degree and any student beginning in the Summer I term must contact your academic department to schedule an advising appointment prior to registering for classes. At SOAR, you will meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, take any necessary placement exams, and obtain your student ID card. You are encouraged to attend the earliest SOAR possible.

7. Submit Health Insurance Info and upload your Immunization Records

Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization.  You have the option to remain on your own insurance, or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance.  If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged. Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR. High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center. 

8. Review Important Tuition Information

We encourage you to review the academic calendars, payment plans, and the UNC Charlotte course catalog.

9. Are you an Adult or Non-Traditional Student?

The Office of Adult Students and Evening Services (OASES) provides advising services for students over the age of 24 and is open during the day and early evening hours to serve those students taking evening courses.

10. Submit your Final Transcripts

If you currently have classes in progress, your admission to the university is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of those courses. You must submit a final college transcript showing your final grades in your current coursework prior to enrollment. A registration hold will be placed on your record if the final college transcript is not submitted.  Be mindful that evaluations of transfer credit cannot be completed until we receive your final, official college transcript(s). Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. Transfer students must maintain an overall 2.0 grade point average to enroll in the University.

Second Degree Students: Because you have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, you have satisfied the UNC Charlotte general education requirements. Second degree candidates receive 90 hours of transfer credit from their first bachelor's degree. Second Degree students who are in the RN-to-BSN program receive 52 credit hours. The Admissions Office will not prepare a course-by-course evaluation of your academic transcript, however, we will evaluate all prior coursework and award course credit for those courses that meet major-specific prerequisites. The remaining credit hours will be awarded as transfer elective credit.

11. Report any Changes to Undergraduate Admissions

Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing. Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.