These majors are more competitive for admission, so they have additional admission requirements.
- Admission to Architecture is competitive and requires an additional School of Architecture application, interview, and digital portfolio. The secondary Architecture application can be started upon submitting the undergraduate admissions application
- Architecture only allows admission starting in the fall semester- transfer students should plan to apply in the fall prior to transferring
- View application process, deadlines, and portfolio guidelines for the School of Architecture.
- Admission to Art is competitive and requires an additional art application with digital portfolio submission.
- Upon gaining general admission to the university, students will be able to complete the Art application.
- Art only allows admission starting in the fall semester- transfer students should plan to apply the Fall prior to transferring
- View art application process, deadlines, and portfolio guidelines.
- Business requires a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA and 2.5 GPA within Business Progression Courses such as math, accounting, economics, computing and introductory business coursework.
- Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in each business progression course within 2 attempts (all attempts at business progression courses are calculated in the Business Progression Course GPA)
- The Business progression courses do NOT have to be complete upon transfer, but they are recommended.
- Accounting majors who take Accounting I prior to transferring must earn a B or higher in the Accounting I course. Students pursing the Accounting major are allowed 2 attempts to earn the grade of B or higher in Accounting I
- Computer Science requires a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA and a grade of C or higher in all previously attempted Computer Science courses.
- Engineering requires a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA and completion of college-level Calculus I or higher prior to transferring
- Mechanical Engineering requires a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA and completion of college-level Calculus I or higher prior to transferring
- Calculus course must be equivalent to UNC Charlotte MATH 1241
- Students applying for nursing are initially reviewed for admission into pre-nursing and are required to have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. Nursing students can have no more than one grade of "C" or lower in a nursing prerequisite course (class or lab), which include:
- Chemistry I with lab
- Chemistry II with lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Human Growth and Development