You're on the right track to being a 49er!
International transfer students will need to submit the following to be reviewed for admission at UNC Charlotte.
1. Application and Application Fee of $80
2. Proof of English ability
We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. See chart below for methods through which students may demonstrate competency.
- If applying for conditional admission, you are not required to demonstrate English proficiency.
- If you are a citizen of a country where English is an official language and English was your language of instruction in higher education, you are exempt from demonstrating English competency.
|Options for Meeting Requirements||Scores Required for Full
|TOEFL IBT (code: 5105)||70 or higher (minimum of 14 in each sub score)|
|TOEFL Paper Based (code: 5105)||523 or higher (minimum of 46 in each sub score)|
|IELTS||6.0 or higher (minimum of 5.0 in each sub score)|
|PTE Academic||48 or higher (minimum of 35 in each sub score)|
|SAT||500 on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing|
|ACT||19 on the Critical Reading section|
|English Language and Training Institute (ELTI)||Completion of Level 5|
|US high school diploma||Transcripts showing successful completion of two years|
|Earn 24 credit hours at a US university or community college||
Grade of C or better in 6 hours of humanities or Grade of C or better in English Composition 1 & 2 (classes must be completed before applying).
|Associate’s degree||Transcript showing a transferable degree from an accredited US institution|
*Test scores for English Proficiency are only valid for 2 years.
*Duolingo English Test Score is temporarily accepted for admission purposes.
3. Official Transcripts and Foreign Credential Evaluation of Transfer Credit
- Foreign Universities and Colleges - UNC Charlotte does not process international college transcripts. Submit an official course-by-course credential evaluation instead. Please send your official foreign transcripts to any NACES accredited agency. Once the review is completed, they will submit the credential evaluation report on your behalf directly to our office. We recommend using IEE, Educational Perspectives, ECE, or SPANTRAN for the evaluation.
- U.S. Colleges - Submit an official transcript for every school you have attended. You do not need a credential evaluation for U.S. schools.
- Make sure to submit transcripts and/or credential evaluation from all attended colleges and universities when applying. If you are still taking classes, we ask you to submit an updated final transcript or a credential evaluation report prior to your enrollment at UNC Charlotte.
4. Proof of Secondary School Graduation
- Foreign High School – submit an official diploma/graduation certificate or its equivalency verifying completion of your secondary degree studies. If original documents are in the foreign language, an additional official English translation will be required. See our Credentials Required by Country for more information.
- U.S. or U.S. Regionally Accredited High School – submit an official high school transcript with the graduation date posted on it.