Applying for Admission
At UNC Charlotte, you’ll be introduced to caring faculty, explore groundbreaking research opportunities, and enjoy our hands-on approach to innovative learning. There's no better time than now to become a 49er!
The following is required to complete your application packet for admission:
1. Complete and submit your online application.
- Please note: Freshmen are not eligible to apply for the Spring or Summer I terms.
2. Pay the $75 application fee.
3. Submit an official high school transcript.
- High school transcripts must be mailed directly from the high school. Schools using Naviance, Scribbles, or CFNC may submit electronic transcripts through those electronic delivery systems.If you attended a high school outside the US, you must submit a course-by-course foreign credential evaluation of your academics. We recommend using IEE, Educational Perspectives, or ECE for the evaluation. The evaluation must include an overall GPA.
4. Submit SAT or ACT test scores.
- When applying for admission, you may provide self-reported ACT and SAT test scores on your application.
- You will need to have your official scores sent by the testing agency ONLY if you are an admitted student who chooses to enroll at UNC Charlotte.
- Note: It is very important that you accurately report your test scores. All self-reported scores will be verified prior to enrollment at UNC Charlotte. Click here for more information about self-reported test scores.
Essays and letters of recommendation are not required. Please check your Future 49er Portal to ensure all documents have been received. The portal is updated in real time.
Deadlines and Notifications:
*A complete application (application, fee, transcript, and test scores) must be submitted by the deadlines below in order to receive a decision by the notification date.
**Undergraduate Admissions utilizes the document receipt date for all deadlines; therefore, please allow at least 3 weeks for mailed documents and at least 2 weeks for electronic test scores to be received by our office.
|APPLICATION COMPLETE BY*:||YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF OUR DECISION BY:|
|November 1||January 30|
|February 1||April 1|
|After February 1||After April 1 on a rolling basis**|
Decisions are not binding.
**Applications complete after February 1st will be reviewed after April 1 on a rolling basis (decisions will be made in the order that the completed applications are received) as long as space is available.
Additional Application Requirements for Majors:
- ART majors
- ARCHITECTURE majors
- MUSIC majors: