Applying for Admission
There's no better time than now to become a 49er!
The following is required to complete your application:
1. Complete and submit your online application.
- Please note: The online freshmen application is not available for Spring or Summer I terms. If you have graduated from high school and have not attended college, and you want to enroll in Spring or Summer I, contact the admissions office to discuss your eligibility.
2. Pay the $75 application fee.
3. Submit an official high school transcript.
- High school transcripts must be mailed directly from the high school. Schools using Naviance, Scribbles, or CFNC may submit electronic transcripts through those electronic delivery systems.If you attended a high school outside the US, you must submit a course-by-course foreign credential evaluation of your academics. We recommend using IEE, Educational Perspectives, or ECE for the evaluation. The evaluation must include an overall GPA.
4. Submit SAT or ACT test scores.
- When applying for admission, you may provide self-reported ACT and SAT test scores on your application.
- You will need to have your official scores sent by the testing agency ONLY if you are an admitted student who chooses to enroll at UNC Charlotte.
- Note: It is very important that you accurately report your test scores. All self-reported scores will be verified prior to enrollment at UNC Charlotte. Click here for more information about self-reported test scores.
Essays and letters of recommendation are not required. Please check your Future 49er Portal to ensure all documents have been received. The portal is updated in real time.
Deadlines and Notifications:
*A complete application (application, fee, transcript, and test scores) must be submitted by the deadlines below in order to receive a decision by the notification date.
**Undergraduate Admissions utilizes the document receipt date for all deadlines; therefore, please allow at least 3 weeks for mailed documents and at least 2 weeks for electronic test scores to be received by our office.
|APPLICATION COMPLETE BY*:||YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF OUR DECISION BY:|
|November 1||January 30|
|February 3||April 1|
|After February 1||After April 1 on a rolling basis|
Decisions are not binding.
Additional Application Requirements for Majors:
- ART majors
- ARCHITECTURE majors
- MUSIC majors: