Congratulations on your admission to UNC Charlotte for the spring semester! Your academic achievement, extracurricular involvement and diverse experiences make you a great fit for the Niner Nation familly.
Initially applied for fall admissions and admitted for spring?
We understand you may be disappointed that you were not offered admission for the fall semester, but we hope you will consider the benefits of spring admission at UNC Charlotte as you make your enrollment decision. Download this handy guide for spring admission information and upcoming deadlines.
- Given our commitment to academic success for all students, we are unable to admit all the qualified applicants who wish to enroll for fall. We offer spring admission to students when we are at capacity for fall admission. Our offer is made to students who meet the admissions criteria, and who we feel will be academically successful.
- In the event that space becomes available for the fall, we will look to the students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for spring to offer an earlier enrollment option. Space availability varies year to year. If we are able to offer you fall admission, we will contact you after May 1.
- Students are highly advised to take classes at another institution for the fall and expected to earn a “C” or better. A recommendation for the number of credit hours is 12-15. If you intend to take classes this Fall, then we recommend you reach out to one of our admissions counselors for any assistance you may need. Outside of fall coursework, additional options could be community service or employment.
Next Steps for all Admitted Freshmen for Spring:
- Let us know you're coming! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, date of birth, and enrollment decision in the email.
- An enrollment deposit is not required.
- Follow @UNCCadmissions on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Meet other students like you who have been admitted and potentially find your future roommate!
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required.
- Our school code is 002975.
- Apply for the 2020-2021 FAFSA, which is for Fall 2020/Spring 2021/Summer 2021 aid.
- Go ninernet.uncc.edu and click on the “Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided.
- Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (my.uncc.edu), your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
- If you have submitted unofficial scores, we will contact you if your official scores are needed.
- Official test scores must be received in Admissions before you can register for SOAR.
- Click here for more information about self-reported test scores.
- UNC Charlotte school codes: SAT: 5105; ACT: 3163
- All students are required to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration).
- Sign up for a Spring SOAR session beginning in October at soar.uncc.edu.
- The Spring SOAR sessions will be held in early January, prior to the start of classes.
- You will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes at SOAR.
- The online housing application for Spring opens in October. Opening date for the housing application to be announced
- A $200 housing deposit is required to secure your spot on campus.
- You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
- You will receive this letter once you submit your intent to enroll - see number 1 above.
- Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization.
- You have the option to remain on your own insurance, or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance.
- If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged.
- Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR.
- High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
- Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
- Required if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college.
- The final transcript must show your graduation date.
- Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses.
- Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions office prior to enrollment.
- A registration hold will be placed on your record if a transcript is not received.
- Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing.
- Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.