Welcome to UNC Charlotte!
Our large university with a small college feel, warm and sunny location, and outstanding academics are just a few reasons why students choose to stake their claim at UNC Charlotte.
Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process.
1. Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll in your Future 49er Portal. In your portal, you'll find the "Submit Your Intent to Enroll" link under "My To-Do List". An enrollment deposit is not required.
2. Follow us on Social Media! Like our Facebook page for Future 49ers or follow @UNCCadmissions on Twitter and Instagram! Meet other students like you who have been admitted and potentially find your future roommate!
3. Get Axe-Cited for Admitted Students Day! Watch your email for your invitation. Register early, as spaces fill quickly.
4. Apply for Financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required, and is available online. The first priority deadline is January 1st, and our school code is 002975.We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
5. Activate your NinerNET Account. Go to pwmanager.uncc.edu and click on the "Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided. Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (my.uncc.edu), your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
6. Apply for on-campus housing. If you are interested in living on campus starting in the Fall, the online housing application will be available online after January 5. Housing applications are processed in the order they are received, but priority status is given to those who apply prior to June 1st. It is important that you complete an online housing application and pay your $200 housing deposit in order to be considered for housing placement. You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
7. Submit Official Test Scores. If you self-reported your test scores on your application, but have not yet submitted your official test scores, please do so now. Official test scores must be received in Admissions before you can register for SOAR and no later than June 1st. Click here for more information about self-reported test scores. (UNC Charlotte school codes: SAT: 5105; ACT: 3163)
8. Register for Orientation (SOAR). All students are required to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) during the summer prior to enrollment in Fall. At SOAR, students will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. Like outdoor adventures? Consider SOAR Outdoor, an optional adventure-based experience for new freshmen that follows SOAR on select dates. SOAR registration opens in early April.
9. Submit health insurance info and upload your immunization records. Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization. You have the option to remain on your own insurance, or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance. If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged. Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR. High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
11. Do you have AP or Dual Enrollment college credits? Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
12. Submit your final high school transcripts if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college. Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses. Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions office prior to enrollment. A registration hold will be placed on your record if a transcript is not received.
13. Submit official test scores. Official test scores must be received by Undergraduate Admissions in order to register for SOAR, and no later than June 1st.
14. Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions. Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing. Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.