Receiving your decision
Once you submit your application, you may check your application status in your Future 49er Portal.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your application and documents sent through the Common App to show in your Future 49er Portal.
- All applications and documents are time-stamped with your actual submission date and time. Even if you don’t see your application or documents in your portal immediately, we note when they were originally submitted via the Common App and process your application accordingly.
Future 49er Portal
- Your Future 49er Portal will display that a decision has been made after your complete application has been received and reviewed. See Deadlines and Notifications to view the notification timeframe. Keep in mind that only complete applications will receive a decision (application, fee, and all documents submitted by that date).
- After your portal displays when a decision has been made, it will take 7-10 days for you to receive your decision letter in the mail.
- If you have been admitted, view our Freshman Admitted for Fall page or Freshman Admitted for Spring page for a list of your next steps for enrollment.
- If your decision is deferred, we ask that you follow some of the next steps and helpful tips on the Deferred Students page.
- If your application is denied, consider applying as transfer student after completing the Transfer Admission Criteria.