Congratulations on your invitation to join Niner Nation! As a student at UNC Charlotte, you will be equipped with tools to make your mark intellectually while making a difference on campus and in the world. Your experience at UNC Charlotte will be enhanced by participation in internships, community partnerships and access to professors at the top of their fields. You will enjoy a deep sense of community through our more than 400 student organizations and make Niner Nation yours!
Please follow these steps (if applicable) to complete your enrollment process:
- You have done what it takes to be accepted to UNC Charlotte. Now it is time to accept the invitation.
- To confirm your enrollment, log in to your Future 49er Portal and submit your intent to enroll under your To Do List. There is no enrollment deposit.
- Go to ninernet.uncc.edu and click on the "Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided.
- Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log into My UNC Charlotte, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
- Submit your Financial Certification Form demonstrating the coverage of your education and personal expenses.
- This estimated cost of study at UNC Charlotte includes the average cost for tuition, fees, housing, meals, books, medical insurance, and miscellaneous expenses for one (1) academic year.
- If you are a transfer student, make sure to complete the SEVIS transfer form as well.
- If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit with your $200 housing deposit.
- You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
- If you decide to live off campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.
- Apply for a student visa if needed.
- Most students arriving from abroad will try to fly into the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), which is only about a 20 minute drive from UNC Charlotte's campus.
- If you are an F-1 visa student, you can enter the US up to 30 days before the program start date (the date listed on your I-20) and no later than the actual program start date.
- If you have not submitted final official documents previously, please make sure to send them to Undergraduate Admissions prior to the beginning of your studies at UNC Charlotte.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28223 USA
- A registration hold will be placed on your record if the required documents are not received.
- If you currently have classes in progress, your admission to the university is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of those courses.
- Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines.
- The transcript or diploma should indicate your graduation date with English translation provided, if the original documents is not issued in English.
- Test Scores be sent electronically directly from test centers to UNC Charlotte. Use the following information when making an order on their website:
- SAT School Code: 5105
- ACT School Code: 3163
- TOEFL School Code: 5105
- IELTS: select UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Admissions
- PTE Academic: select UNC Charlotte
- Foreign High School Documents (choose from the following):
- Submit high school credential evaluation through any NACES accredited agency.
- Request your school/Ministry of Education/examination agency or another approved document issuing authority to mail documents directly to our office.
- If a school uses electronic delivery systems (for example, National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment) request your documents to be sent to UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Admissions.
- Drop off your official documents at Gage Undergraduate Admissions Center at UNC Charlotte. If only one original document was issued, request it to be returned at the time of submission.
- Foreign university transcripts:
- Foreign university documents are not processed by the Admissions Office. Request a course-by-course credential evaluation to be submitted by any NACES accredited agency.
- U.S. high school and college transcripts (choose from the following):
- Request for your school to mail transcripts directly to UNC Charlotte.
- Drop off transcript in a closed sealed envelope at Gage Undergraduate Admissions Center at UNC Charlotte.
- Use your school’s electronic delivery systems (for instance, National Student ClearingHouse or Parchment) to submit an official electronic transcript to email@example.com.
- All new incoming students are required to attend SOAR prior to the beginning of their classes.
- During this program, you will learn about university resources, take a tour of campus, meet with your academic advisor, and register for classes.
- Register for SOAR here.
- SOAR is only optional for second-degree seeking students and students starting studies in Summer I. These students must contact their academic department to schedule an advising appointment prior to registering for classes.
- This is a free event hosted by the International Student and Scholar’s Office (ISSO).
- Attendance is mandatory for all international students in F-1 visa status.
- This orientation covers important immigration and cross cultural sessions designed to prepare new international students for studies in the US.
- To register for Math courses at UNC Charlotte, students are required to take the Math Placement Exam.
- The following students are NOT required to take the Math Placement Exam:
- Students who submitted SAT or ACT
- Students who have a transferable credit for the college Math class
- We encourage you to take the Math placement exam online prior to SOAR.
- Sign up for the exam here.
- North Carolina state law requires anyone entering college to present a certificate of immunization that documents their compliance with all required immunizations.
- Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR.
- Please visit the Student Health Center website for the immunization form, the list of required vaccines and other information.
- All students are required to have health insurance while attending UNC Charlotte.
- You can buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance or enroll in another U.S. or your home country plan that meets the University's minimum health insurance requirements.
- If you have your own health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver form or else you will be charged.
- Students can submit the waiver after registering for classes/attending SOAR.
- Please visit the Student Health Center website for more information.
- After you register for classes you will be required to pay your bill prior to each semester of your studies.
- All university bills are posted in your NinerNET student account, which is accessed through My UNC Charlotte.
- You can enroll in the UNC Charlotte payment plan and divide charges into smaller payments throughout the semester.
- Visit the Student Accounts billing information page for more on understanding and paying your bills. Check your University email regularly and keep track of the deadlines.