Hands-on approach to innovative learning and opportunities
- Rigorous academic programs, evolving along with the world to provide culturally and technologically relevant education.
- 139 majors in 75 programs leading to Bachelor's degrees, 65 Master's degrees, and 24 Doctoral degrees
Students in every academic field are challenged to apply their studies through real-world, immersive experiences in and beyond the classroom through research, internships, and community programs.
Arts + Architecture
- Architecture program is one of only two of its kind in NC
- Discover your inner artist by honing your creative skills and exploring your interests
- Think outside of the box and solve design problems
- Reconsider how you think, live, and interact with your environments
- One of the largest business programs in the Carolinas
- Accredited by the AACSB, a recognition awarded to fewer than 5% of business colleges in the nation
- Access to over 300+ Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies in the region
- Network with employers during professional events
Computing and Informatics
- Largest technology program in North Carolina
- 1 of 6 of its kind in the nation
- Choose from 10 degree concentrations
- Specialize in new areas such as: Cybersecurity and Data Science, Bioinformatics, Human-Computer Interaction, and Software Engineering
- Top 2 producer of teachers in NC
- Learn to teach passionately and creatively
- Teaching, counseling, and educational leadership
- Starting with your first semester, you will be placed into a variety of K-12 classrooms to develop your hands-on skills to become a well-experienced teacher, counselor, or administrator
- Get hands-on your first year working on state-of-the-art equipment to design and build projects
- Team up with partner companies to tackle real-world industrial projects such as bomb-detecting robots or high-pressure piping systems for nuclear plants
- 23 academic programs of study
Health and Human Services
- Get hands-on training and experience with state-of-the-art simulation labs, equipped hospital room labs, and biodynamics equipment
- As the health services industry continues to grow, graduating students in these fields are in high demand
Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Choose from a large array of undergraduate majors within the traditional arts and sciences
- Learn to think critically and act compassionately, working alongside professors and fellow students in the classroom, research settings, and in the community
- 35 academic programs of study + interdisciplinary programs
- If you aren’t sure what major you want to study, our academic advisors will advise you along the way as you experience different subjects
- Get advice and support to make your decision and make it a success
The Honors College
- Engage in academic and cultural topics more deeply through smaller discussion-based and writing-based classes.
- Participate in community service projects, study abroad, and social events
- Gain professional development by conducting and presenting a research project with a faculty mentor.
Accelerated Masters Programs
- The Accelerated Master's Degree program allows exceptional high school students at UNC Charlotte the opportunity to complete the requirements for both their bachelor’s and master’s degrees at an accelerated pace - usually with just one additional year.
- Students interested in pursuing a healthcare-related professional degree following their undergraduate program are considered "Pre-health" students.
- In order to reach this goal, the student must complete academic prerequisites and extracurricular requirements to prepare for an application to the professional school.
- We refer to this as following a "pre-health track".
- Students in learning communities enjoy taking a couple of courses together.
- They connect their out-of-class experiences with their in-class experiences through programs and activities planned specifically for their community.
- Benefits include: dedicated tutoring & mentoring, opportunity to form connections/study groups which often result in earning better grades, and interaction with faculty who are committed to providing additional experiences outside of the classroom.
- Offers 24 doctoral, 65 master's degree programs, and 45 graduate certificates
- Choose from a wide variety of fields and specialties ranging from architecture, biomedical engineering, computing, engineering and health administration to history, teacher education, creative writing, business, nursing and social work.