Can't decide between a peaceful, picturesque college campus and an action-packed big-city school? Then don't.
UNC Charlotte is located just 20 minutes north of Uptown Charlotte.
Charlotte is a quick (and free!) light rail ride away
- We've never been more connected... the light rail stops right on our campus, and it's free for students!
- Connect to the unique offering of performing arts, athletic events, festivals and other activities in the city.
A unique academic culture
- Where else can you learn from award-winning faculty on a self-contained campus, but be so connected to the benefits of a large, booming city?
- Because we have relationships with so many businesses and industries in Charlotte, we create dozens of opportunities for you to connect with major employers through career fairs, networking events, and real-world projects.
There's something for everyone in Charlotte
- Arts, music, sports, history, dining, shopping and more!
- Enjoy live music in any of Charlotte's gorgeous venues like PNC Music Pavilion, Spectrum Center, NC Music Factory, The Fillmore, and so many more.
- There's no shortage of world-class art and culture at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Harvey B. Gant Center for African American Arts + Culture; Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, and Mint Museum
- Have your mind blown at Discovery Place science museum, IMAX theater dome and more.
Are you the outdoorsy type?
- The beach and mountains are a short drive away... Great Smoky Mountains to the west and beautiful beaches along the east coast.
- Or stay local and enjoy the US National Whitewater Center for hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, climbing, ice skating, and more.
- Explore the happenings at the Epicentre, and shop and dine in Uptown.
- NASCAR fans will love the NASCAR Hall of Fame or Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- For the ultimate thrill, head to Carowinds amusement park!