General Transfer Admission Requirements
- 24 transferable semester hours from a regionally accredited institution. Students are encouraged to complete college coursework in English, Math, Science, Social Science, and History.
- Applicants with less than 24 transferable credit hours may be reviewed on freshmen criteria and may be asked to send SAT or ACT scores.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA for all college-level courses.
- Student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last school attended.
- Completion of the Minimum High School Course Requirements
- Students under the age of 21 by the time of enrollment at UNC Charlotte are required to have completed the Minimum High School Course Requirements or 24 hours of transferable college coursework.
- Students who do not meet the Minimum High School Course Requirements must have a demonstrated background in Mathematics.
- A 2.0 GPA does not guarantee admission; having a higher GPA makes you more competitive.
- Transferable courses must be college-level, be taken at a regionally accredited college or university, and have a grade of C or higher.
- Please utilize the Transfer Credit Advisor for a list of courses that have previously transferred from your institution. Course equivalency lists are not exhaustive for any school except North Carolina community colleges.