Transfer Admission Requirements
- Minimum High School Course Requirements: All students under the age of 21 by the time of enrollment at UNC Charlotte are required to have passed the following high school classes*:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of math (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 and an advanced math**)
- 3 units of science (biological science, physical science and a science with a lab)
- 2 units of social studies (1 unit must be U.S. History)
- 2 units of the same foreign language*Students who did not take/pass all of these high school classes are required to have a core group of transferable college courses. Please click here for those courses.**Students graduating from NC public high schools or taking math courses at a NC Community College while enrolled in high school are required to complete an advanced math from a specific set of approved courses.
- 24 transferable semester hours from a regionally accredited institution.
- If you have a 2.0 GPA but less than 24 hours, we will review your high school GPA as well as SAT or ACT scores (if available) to make a decision. If you feel this is applicable to your admission decision, we recommend you also send us your official SAT or ACT scores in addition to the required transcripts.
- Only C's or better in college coursework will be considered as transferable counting toward the 24 hours required for admission.
- 2.0 cumulative college GPA for all courses as calculated by the UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Admissions Office
- Student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last school attended.
NOTE: Some academic programs at UNC Charlotte may have admissions requirements that exceed those listed above.
Once we receive all the required transcripts (see below), the review process normally takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Please know that processing times may vary throughout the year, with priority given to applications for the upcoming term.
|TERM||APPLICATION & FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE*||APPLICATION COMPLETION DEADLINE**||TERM BEGINS|
|Fall||May 15||June 15||August|
|Spring||November 15||December 1||January|
|1st Summer||May 1||May 1||May|
|2nd Summer||May 15||May 15||July|
* Application and payment of $60 application fee must be received by the date shown for each term.
** All required transcripts and documents must be submitted by this date.
*** Students applying for our architecture, art, or nursing programs should apply early as these programs have separate application deadlines. You are encouraged to visit their website to gather more information regarding these deadlines.
- Transfer students are required to submit one official transcript from every college or university attended. In order to be considered official, transcripts must arrive in our office sealed in the original envelope. It is the student's responsibility to request transcripts from their prior college(s).
- A high school transcript is required for all transfer students.
- If you attended a high school outside the US, you must submit a course-by-course foreign credential evaluation of your academics from International Education Evaluations, Inc. The evaluation must include an overall GPA.
- You will apply online through your Future 49er Web portal. Once we receive all the required transcripts (see below), the review process normally takes approximately 4-6 weeks. Please know that processing times may vary throughout the year.
- You can monitor your application status, verify receipt of transcripts, schedule visits, and much more through your Future 49er Web portal.
- During this time we encourage you to utilize the Credit Advisor to see how your courses may transfer to UNC Charlotte.
- If you are admitted to UNC Charlotte you will receive a letter from us with your student ID # and a link to your Transfer Credit Report. Once you receive this letter you will also want to utilize the Admitted Student To Do List in your Future 49er Web portal.
Students Over the Age of 24
If you attempted or earned college credit after high school graduation:
- Apply using the online transfer application.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit an official transcript from all colleges attended.
If you did NOT attempt or earn college credit after high school graduation:
- Apply using the freshman application.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- You are not required to submit a standardized test score (SAT or ACT).
- You are also not required to meet the fourth unit of math requirement indicated above.