General Transfer Admission Requirements
- Minimum High School Course Requirements: All students under the age of 21 by the time of enrollment at UNC Charlotte are required to have passed these core high school classes*:
- Students who have earned at least 24 hours of transferable credit prior to transfering are exempt from the minimum high school requirements. Students are encouraged to complete college coursework in English, Math, Science, Social Science, and History.
- 24 transferable semester hours from an accredited institution.
- Only C's or better in college coursework will be considered as transferable counting toward the 24 hours required for admission.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA. Some academic programs at UNC Charlotte may have admissions requirements that exceed those listed above.
- Student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last school attended.
Once we receive all the required transcripts (see below), the review process normally takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Please know that processing times may vary throughout the year, with priority given to applications for the upcoming term.
|TERM||APPLICATION & FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE*||TRANSCRIPTS & DOCUMENTS DEADLINE||TERM BEGINS|
|Fall||May 15||June 15||August|
|Spring||November 15||December 1||January|
|1st Summer||May 1||May 1||May|
|2nd Summer||May 15||May 15||July|
* Application and payment of $60 application fee must be received by the date shown for each term.
NOTE: Students applying for our architecture, art, or nursing programs should apply early as these programs have separate application deadlines. You are encouraged to visit their website to gather more information regarding these deadlines.
- You will apply online through your Future 49er Web portal. Once we receive all the required transcripts (see below), the review process normally takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Please know that processing times may vary throughout the year.
- You can monitor your application status, verify receipt of transcripts, schedule visits, and much more through your Future 49er Web portal.
- During this time we encourage you to utilize the Transfer Credit Advisor to see how your courses may transfer to UNC Charlotte.
- If you are admitted to UNC Charlotte, you will receive a letter from us with your student ID # and a link to your Transfer Credit Report. Once you receive this letter, you will find your next steps on the Admitted Student To Do List in your Future 49er Portal.