Admitted Transfer Students

You did it! You're a 49er! Congratulations on being admitted to UNC Charlotte!

Admitted Transfer Students

Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process as a transfer student.

1. Apply for Financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required, and is available online after January 1st. The priority deadline is March 1st, and our school code is 002975. If you have applied for the Spring or Summer terms, submit your FAFSA as soon as possible. Awards are made until funds are depleted.

2. Activate Your NinerNET account. Go to and click on the “Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided. Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.

3. Determine your housing plans. If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit with your $200 housing deposit. You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online. If you decide to live off campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.

4. Review how your classes transferred to UNC Charlotte: You may view your transfer credit evaluation online in your Future 49er Web Portal after you have been admitted. Click on Transfer Credit Report in your "To Do" List.

5. Register for Transfer Orientation (SOAR). Prior to the beginning of the term in which you enroll, the Dean of Students Office will mail information about academic advising and registering for classes through the one-day SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) program. Students earning a second degree and any student beginning in the summer terms must contact your academic department to schedule an advising appointment prior to registering for classes. At SOAR, you will meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, take any necessary placement exams, obtain your student ID card, and purchase your parking permit.

6. Download and complete health history and immunization forms. You MUST mail or deliver these completed forms to the Student Health Center prior to enrollment. Students who do not comply within 30 days of the start of classes will have their registration canceled. High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.

7. Review important tuition information. We encourage you to review the academic calendarspayment plans, and the UNC Charlotte course catalog.

8. Are you an adult or non-traditional student? The Office of Adult Students and Evening Services (OASES) provides advising services for students over the age of 24 and is open during the day and early evening hours to serve those students taking evening courses.

9. Submit your final transcripts. Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses. Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. It is your responsibility to ensure that your final college transcript is submitted prior to enrollment. A registration hold will be placed on your record if the transcript is not submitted. Evaluation of transfer credit cannot be completed until we receive your final, official college transcript(s). Transfer students must maintain an overall 2.0 grade point average to enroll in the University.

Second Degree Students: Because you have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, you have satisfied the UNC Charlotte general education requirements. Second degree candidates receive 90 hours of transfer credit from their first bachelor's degree. The Admissions Office will not prepare a course-by-course evaluation of your academic transcript, however, we will evaluate all prior coursework and award course credit for those courses that meet major-specific prerequisites. The remaining 90 credit hours will be awarded as transfer elective credit.

10. Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions. Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing. Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.