International freshman students will need to submit the following to be reviewed for admission at UNC Charlotte.
1. Application and Application Fee of $60
2. Proof of English ability
- We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. See chart below for methods through which students may demonstrate competency.
- If applying for conditional admission, you are not required to demonstrate English proficiency.
- If you are a citizen of a country where English is an official language and the language of instruction in higher education, you are exempt from demonstrating English competency.
|Options for Meeting English Proficiency Requirements
||Scores Required for Full Undergraduate Admission
|TOEFL IBT (code: 5105)
||70 or higher (minimum of 14 in each sub score)
|TOEFL Paper Based (code: 5105)
||523 or higher (minimum of 46 in each sub score)
||6.0 or higher (minimum of 5.0 in each sub score)
||500 on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing
||19 on the Critical Reading section
|English Language and Training Institute (ELTI)
||Completion of Level 6
|College degree from an accredited U.S. university
||Official Transcript showing degree earned
IELTS: Please contact the test center directly where you took the IELTS test and request that your official test scores be sent to the address below.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC, 28223 USA
We do not accept unofficial Test Report Forms from students. An institutional code is NOT required. Test scores must be received by the application deadline.
3. Official Transcripts and Foreign Credential Evaluation of Transfer Credit.
- Foreign Universities and Colleges - Submit an official course-by-course credential evaluation for every school you have attended. We recommend using IEE, Educational Perspectives, or ECE for the evaluation. You can also use any credential evaluation agency that is NACES accredited. For more information on criteria used to determine admission, please review the Transfer Admissions Requirements.
- U.S. Colleges - Submit an official transcript for every school you have attended. You do not need a credential evaluation for U.S. schools.
- For more information on criteria used to determine admission, please review the Second Degree Admissions Requirements.
- If you are still enrolled at a college or university at the time of application, you must send an updated credential evaluation prior to your enrollment at UNC Charlotte.