English Language Proficiency
I earned a 5.5 on the IELTS, (or 61 on the IBT TOEFL, or 500 on the PBT TOEFL), so can you make an exception and admit me to the university?
- No. A 6.0 on the IELTS with a min score of 5.0 in each subsection (70 IBT with a min score of 14 in each subsection, 523 PBT with a min score of 46) is the overall minimum score required for academic admission - which means you should strive to earn a score higher than the minimum scores listed.
Do you offer conditional admission?
- Yes, but for specific programs only.
Which programs offer conditional admission?
- Bachelors degree programs will offer conditional admission to students who attend the ELTI Program.
Foreign Credential Evaluations
What type of foreign credential evaluation is required for admission?
- We require an official course-by-course credential evaluation for every school you have attended. You will need to send your official foreign records to an evaluation company. The company will then send us a copy of your transcripts and an evaluation, converting your foreign grades to their US equivalent and provide an overall Grade Point Average. We recommend using IEE, Educational Perspectives, or ECE for the evaluation. The foreign credential evaluation is required.
How do I find out the status of my application?
- Please log in to your Future 49er account to view your application status. If you have questions about the information displayed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission Decision and Letter
When will I receive a decision on my admissions application?
- Applications are processed in the order received. All required transcripts, foreign credential evaluations, and test scores must be received before the application will be reviewed.
When will I receive my admission decision letter?
- The official decision letter is posted in your Future 49er account, so you must log in to view and print your letter. Letters are not mailed or produced on paper.
When will I receive the I-20?
- After you are admitted, you must complete the intent to enroll form and other financial forms described on the admitted students page (#2 under I-20 Information).
Do you require financial documents for the admissions application?
- No. You can receive an admission letter before you submit financial documents. However, we will not issue any I-20s without reviewing your financial documents.
Transfer of Credit
How many credits will UNC Charlotte transfer from my college?
- After you apply for admission and your application is complete by the deadline, a review of your college credits will take place. Any credits that are transferable will be recorded. If you are admitted, you will be able to view these credits by logging in your Future 49er account.
Can I get in-state tuition rates (resident tuition rates)?
- All applicants to UNC Charlotte who are classified as "international" for admissions purposes, will be classified as "non-residents" for tuition purposes. Once you are admitted/accepted to begin academic study at UNC Charlotte, you may apply online to change your residence status. Please note that students who are, or will be, on F or J visa status in the U.S.A. are not eligible for North Carolina residency status for tuition purposes.