Applying for Admission
The following is required to complete your application packet for admission:
1. Complete and submit your online application.
- Please note: Freshmen are not eligible to apply for the Spring or Summer I terms.
2. Pay the $60 application fee.
3. Submit an official high school transcript
- High school transcripts must be mailed directly from the high school. Schools using PowerSchool, Naviance, or CFNC may submit electronic transcripts through those electronic delivery systems.
- If you attended a high school outside the US, you must submit a course-by-course foreign credential evaluation of your academics. We recommend using IEE, Educational Perspectives, or ECE for the evaluation. The evaluation must include an overall GPA.
4. Submit official SAT or ACT test scores.
- Test scores must be sent directly to UNC Charlotte from the College Board (SAT) or ACT. (Read more about the Redesigned SAT)
- Screen shots or score reports sent to the student are not considered official and will not be accepted.
Essays and letters of recommendation are not required. Please check your Future 49er Portal to ensure all documents have been received. The portal is updated in real time.
Deadlines and Notifications:
*A complete application (application, fee, transcript, and test scores) must be submitted by the deadlines below in order to receive a decision by the notification date.
**Undergraduate Admissions utilizes the document receipt date for all deadlines; therefore, please allow at least 3 weeks for mailed documents and at least 2 weeks for electronic test scores to be received by our office.
|APPLICATION COMPLETE BY*:||YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF OUR DECISION BY:|
|November 1||January 30|
|February 1||April 1|
Deadlines are not binding.
Applications complete after February 1st will be reviewed after April 1 on a rolling basis (decisions will be made in the order that the completed applications are received).
Additional Application Requirements for Majors:
- ART majors: Please review your portfolio submission deadlines and requirements here.
- ARCHITECTURE majors: Please review your portfolio submission deadlines and requirements here.
- MUSIC majors: Please review your audition requirements here.
Early College High School Graduates:
Please note: the legislation referenced below ONLY applies to seniors graduating from Cooperative Innovative High Schools (Early Colleges) who WILL earn an Associate’s degree in addition to their high school diploma. All other Early College students will be evaluated using standard freshman criteria.
Applicants from North Carolina Cooperative Innovative High Schools (CIHS) receive special consideration in the admission review for UNC system universities based on North Carolina law. According to House Bill 97 Section 11.16.(a) “any student who graduated from a cooperative innovative high school program with an associate degree and who applies for admission to the constituent institution has the option of being considered for admission as a freshman or as a transfer student.” To see if your school is a CIHS, view the list here.
Being “considered” refers to the evaluation of your credentials and NOT your student type. Regardless of how you are evaluated for admission, you will be considered a first year student upon enrollment. This allows you to remain in consideration for housing, learning communities, honors, scholarships, and other special programs reserved for new first-time freshmen. You will be a first year student with college credit. Your transferable college credits will be evaluated and your class standing as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior will be determined based on the number of credit hours you’ve successfully completed. We encourage you to apply as a freshman – or first year student - and also submit your college transcript. We will consider both your high school academic coursework and test scores as well as your college courses and grades. Our goal is to use the review process that best advantages you. If, however, you feel strongly that your standardized test scores or high school GPA will hinder you in the first year review, you may choose to be reviewed as a transfer student. Please contact an admissions counselor at 704-687-5507 or email@example.com if you wish to request the transfer review option.