Welcome to UNC Charlotte!
Your academic achievements and diverse experiences make you a great fit for the university! We understand you may be disappointed that you were not offered admission for the fall semester, but we hope you will consider the benefits of spring admission at UNC Charlotte as you make your enrollment decision.
- Given our commitment to academic success for all students, we are unable to admit all the qualified applicants who wish to enroll for fall.
- We offer spring admission to students when we are at capacity for fall admission. Our offer is made to students who meet the admissions criteria, and who we feel will be academically successful.
- In the event that space becomes available for the fall, we will look to the students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for spring to offer an earlier enrollment option. Space availability varies year to year. If we are able to offer you fall admission, we will contact you after June 1.
Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process.
1. Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, date of birth, and enrollment decision in the email. An enrollment deposit is not required.
2. Follow us on Social Media! Like our Facebook page for Future 49ers or follow @UNCCadmissions on Twitter and Instagram! Meet other students like you who have been admitted and potentially find your future roommate!
3. Apply for Financial aid as soon as possible after you are admitted. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required. Our school code is 002975. The 2017-2018 FAFSA is for Spring and Summer 2018.
4. Activate Your NinerNET account. Go pwmanager.uncc.edu and click on the “Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided. Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (my.uncc.edu), your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
5. Register for Orientation (SOAR). All students are required to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration). Students starting in Spring may sign up for a SOAR session beginning in October at soar.uncc.edu. The SOAR sessions will be held in early January, prior to the start of classes. You will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes at SOAR.
6. Apply for on-campus housing. The online housing application for Spring 2018 opens in October. A $200 housing deposit is required to secure your spot on campus. You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online. (You will receive this letter once you submit your intent to enroll - see number 1 above)
7. Download and complete health history and immunization forms. You MUST mail or deliver these completed forms to the Student Health Center prior to enrollment in Spring. Students who do not comply within 30 days of the start of classes will have their registration canceled. High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
All students are required to have health insurance. If you are covered by another insurance plan, you may waive the Student Health Insurance (available after November 1). The waiver deadline for Spring is January 31.
10. Do you have AP credits? Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
11. Submit your final high school transcripts if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college. Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses. Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted prior to enrollment. A registration hold will be placed on your record if the transcript is not submitted.
12. Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions. Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested/reported in writing via email or mail. Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.