Freshmen Admitted for Fall
You did it! You're a 49er!
Congratulations on being admitted for the Fall semester!
Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process.
2. Visit the campus. Campus tours and information sessions are available Monday-Friday, and on select Saturdays. Reservations in your Future 49er Web Portal are required.
3. Apply for Financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required, and is available online after January 1st. The priority deadline is March 1st, and our school code is 002975. If you haven't applied by March 1, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
4. Apply for on-campus housing. If you are interested in living on campus starting in the Fall, the online housing application is available online. Housing applications are processed in the order they are received, but priority status is given to those who apply prior to June 1st. It is important that you complete an online housing application and pay your $200 housing deposit in order to be considered for housing placement. You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
5. Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll in your Future 49er Web Portal by May 1st. An enrollment deposit is not required.
6. Register for Orientation (SOAR). All students are required to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) during the summer prior to enrollment in Fall. You may sign up for a summer SOAR session beginning April 7. At SOAR, students will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes.
7. Download and complete health history and immunization forms. You MUST mail or deliver these completed forms to the Student Health Center prior to enrollment. Students who do not comply within 30 days of the start of classes will have their registration canceled. High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
9. Do you have AP credits? Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
10. Submit your final high school transcripts if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college. Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses. Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions office prior to enrollment. A registration hold will be placed on your record if a transcript is not received.
11. Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions. Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing. Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.