Welcome to UNC Charlotte!
Our large university with a small college feel, warm and sunny location, and outstanding academics are just a few reasons why students choose to stake their claim at UNC Charlotte.
Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process.
1. Follow us on Social Media! Like our Facebook page for Future 49ers or follow @UNCCadmissions on Twitter and Instagram! Meet other students like you who have been admitted and potentially find your future roommate!
2. Get Axe-Cited for Admitted Students Day! Watch your email for your invitation to come in Spring. Register early, as spaces fill quickly.
3. Apply for Financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required, and is available online. The priority deadline is March 1st, and our school code is 002975. If you haven't applied by March 1, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
4. Activate your NinerNET Account. Go to pwmanager.uncc.edu and click on the "Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided. Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (my.uncc.edu), your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
5. Apply for on-campus housing. If you are interested in living on campus starting in the Fall, the online housing application is available online (after January 5). Housing applications are processed in the order they are received, but priority status is given to those who apply prior to June 1st. It is important that you complete an online housing application and pay your $200 housing deposit in order to be considered for housing placement. You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
6. Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll in your Future 49er Web Portal after Feb 1 but before May 1st. In your portal, you'll find the "enrollment decision" link under "Check Status". An enrollment deposit is not required.
7. Register for Orientation (SOAR). All students are required to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) during the summer prior to enrollment in Fall. At SOAR, students will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. Like outdoor adventures? Consider SOAR Outdoor, an optional adventure-based experience for new freshmen that follows SOAR on select dates. SOAR registration opens April 3rd.
8. Download and complete health history and immunization forms. You MUST mail or deliver these completed forms to the Student Health Center prior to enrollment. Students who do not comply within 30 days of the start of classes will have their registration canceled. High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
10. Do you have AP credits? Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
11. Submit your final high school transcripts if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college. Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses. Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions office prior to enrollment. A registration hold will be placed on your record if a transcript is not received.
12. Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions. Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing. Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.