- High School Counselors
- Applying with a Fee Waiver
- The only fee waivers we accept are ACT, College Board, and NACAC.
- Prospective freshmen applying for admission with one of these three fee waivers must submit the online application in their Future 49er Portal.
Completing the Online Application
- When students complete their online application, they are asked if they will be using a fee waiver to pay for their application fee.
- If they answer yes, then they are allowed to submit their application without payment.
- However, the student’s application will remain incomplete and unprocessed until we receive their ACT, College Board, or NACAC fee waiver.
- Fee waivers must be submitted via mail or hand delivery.
- Faxed or emailed copies are not accepted as official.
- Students should not choose this option if they are not positive that they are being provided a fee waiver, because they can’t go back and choose another payment option later.
College Application Week
- The CFNC application will support fee waivers only during College Application Week.
- Students applying with an official fee waiver must submit the ACT, College Board, or NACAC fee waiver to continue processing of this application.
- Please note: CFNC College Application Week falls after the November 1 early application deadline.
- Only prospective freshmen (current seniors in high school) are eligible for approved ACT, College Board, or NACAC fee waivers to cover their application fee.