The Honors College
If you are interested in achieving more from your education, UNC Charlotte offers leadership, enrichment, and networking opportunities through our distinguished Honors Programs.
Four-Year Honors Programs and Merit Scholarship Programs
- The University Honors Program is open to all majors. Students apply directly to this program before their freshmen year and will graduate with honors upon completion of the honors curriculum and capstone project or thesis. The Honors Program continues throughout all four years of the student's college career. UHP accepts students in their first two or three semesters, as well as transfer students.
- The Business Honors Program is reserved for business majors. Students will apply directly to the Business Honors Program before their freshmen year and graduate with honors upon completion of the Business Honors curriculum and capstone project or thesis.
- College of Arts + Architecture Honors Program is reserved for majors within the College of Arts + Architecture. Students will apply directly to the program, which provides an enriched academic and extracurricular experience for the college's most exceptional, talented and self-motivated undergraduate students.
- The Levine Scholars Program and Merit Based Scholarships - The Levine Scholars Program is UNC Charlotte's premier merit-based scholarship program, awarding 15 incoming freshmen students full tuition, room and board, and four summers of experiences to develop leadership skills, social awareness, and international perspective. Students selected for the Crown Scholars merit based scholarship will receive full tuition and room/board.
UNC Charlotte also offers several other merit-based scholarships to high-achieving incoming freshmen students. The Levine Scholars application is the only application needed for both the merit-based scholarships (such as the Crown Scholars) and the Levine Scholars Program. Students must be nominated by their high school guidance counselor by October 15th of their senior year to be eligible for these scholarship programs.
Students may join multiple honors programs and societies while at UNC Charlotte.
Benefits of the Honors Programs:
- Optional on-campus honors housing in Witherspoon Hall suites/apartments for the four-year honors programs
- Priority registration for class selection for the University Honors Program and Business Honors Program
- Individualized attention from honors advisors
- Community service opportunities
- Member of the Honors College community
- Enrichment opportunities - including cultural activities, seminars, trips, exhibits, plays, museum trips, concerts, etc.
- Freshmen Mentoring Program
- Special events on and off campus
- Study abroad opportunities for select programs
- Access to additional scholarships
- Smaller class sizes
- Discussion-based curriculum for select programs
Honors Programs at UNC Charlotte have thrived for over 45 years. Become part of a legacy that will continue to flourish as our university grows.
UNC Charlotte offers NINE Honors Programs
- University Honors Program
- Levine Scholars Program
- Business Honors Program
- Departmental Honors Programs in the College of Liberal Arts & Science
- College of Education Honors Program
- Teaching Fellows Program
- College of Computing and Informatics Honors Program
- College of Arts + Architecture Honors Program
- Exercise Science Honors Program in the College of Health and Human Services