Multi-Year Honors Programs and Merit Scholarship Programs
- The University Honors Program is open to all majors. Students apply directly to this program before their freshmen year and will graduate with honors upon completion of the honors curriculum and capstone project or thesis. The Honors Program continues throughout all four years of the student's college career. UHP accepts students in their first two or three semesters, as well as transfer students.
- The Business Honors Program is reserved for business majors. Students will apply directly to the Business Honors Program and graduate with honors upon completion of the Business Honors curriculum and capstone project or thesis.
- College of Arts + Architecture Honors Program is reserved for majors within the College of Arts + Architecture. Students will apply directly to the program, which provides an enriched academic and extracurricular experience for the college's most exceptional, talented and self-motivated undergraduate students.
- The Levine Scholars Program - The Levine Scholars Program is UNC Charlotte's premier merit-based scholarship program, awarding 15 incoming freshmen students full tuition, room and board, and four summers of experiences to develop leadership skills, social awareness, and international perspective. Students must be nominated by their high school guidance counselor by October 15th of their senior year to be eligible for this scholars program.
- Crown Scholarships are merit scholarships available to students accepted into the University Honors Program. Scholarship packages range from $14,000 - $18,000, with an additional $5,000 stipend for a university-approved study abroad program.
- Other scholarships - UNC Charlotte also offers several other merit-based scholarships to high-achieving incoming freshmen students.
Students may join multiple honors programs and societies while at UNC Charlotte.
Benefits of the Freshman Honors Programs:
- Optional on-campus honors housing in Witherspoon Hall suites/apartments (or Levine Hall, coming in 2016).
- Priority registration for class selection for the University Honors Program, Business Honors Program, Levine Scholars, and Crown Scholars
- Individualized attention from honors advisors and staff
- Community service opportunities
- Member of the Honors College community
- Enrichment opportunities - including cultural activities, seminars, trips, exhibits, plays, museum trips, concerts, etc.
- Freshmen Mentoring Program
- Special events on and off campus
- Study abroad opportunities for select programs
- Access to additional scholarships
- Smaller class sizes
- Discussion-based curriculum for select programs
Honors Programs at UNC Charlotte have thrived for over 45 years. Become part of a legacy that will continue to flourish as our university grows.