In addition to reviewing the online scholarship database, incoming freshmen may want to learn more about the Levine Scholars Program. Each year, the Levine Scholars Program awards 15 scholarships to incoming freshmen who present an excellent academic record, demonstrate a commitment to community service, and possess a capacity for ethical leadership. The four-year scholarship includes full tuition, room and board, books, a laptop computer, a grant to implement a service project of the scholar's own design, and four summers of experiences that will develop leadership skills, social awareness, and an international perspective. The total value of the Levine Scholarship is estimated at $90,000 per in-state student and $140,000 per out-of-state student.Requirements for consideration include:
- Students must be applicants for freshman enrollment at UNC Charlotte in a baccalaureate program for the fall term immediately following their high school graduation.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Interested students should demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge and possess a capacity for ethical leadership.
- Seniors must receive a nomination from their high school counselor by October 15. Nominations will be accepted starting on August 25 and school counselors should submit nominations here.
- Once nominated, nominees will receive access to the supplemental application via email. The Levine Scholars Supplemental Application must be completed and submitted online by November 8.
Nominees who have submitted a complete Freshman Admissions Application and Levine Supplemental Application by November 8 will be considered for the Levine Scholarship. Applications will be reviewed in November and December. In January, finalists will be contacted and invited to attend the Finalist Program. Levine recipients will be notified by mail in early March.